Welcome to Disability Advocacy NSW
Disability Advocacy NSW (DA) is a program of Advocacy Law Alliance Inc.
DA believes that people with a disability have the same rights (and responsibilities) as people who do not have a disability. DA’s core purpose is to ensure that people with a disability realise these rights in practice by advocating with and for them.
DA’s helps people of all ages with any type of disability or mental illness get fair treatment in the Hunter, New England, Mid North Coast, Central West, Central Coast and Hawkesbury-Nepean regions of NSW, AUSTRALIA. DA Brochure
An advocate can provide individual advocacy and help get fair treatment:
- from government departments, disability services, other services and businesses;
- at work, university, school or TAFE;
- with accommodation, transport and access;
- with legal, healthcare or money issues;
- with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
We also assist with systematic advocacy issues and provide education sessions.